Implants are used to replace missing teeth. They can replace teeth one at a time or many teeth at once.
Types of implants:
1) single teeth implant: replaces one tooth
2) implant bridge: 2 implants than a bridge
3) overdenture: at least two implants that a denture snaps onto
4) all-on-four: a denture is attached to four implants
Single tooth implants are composed of 3 parts:
1) the implant itself: it is surgically placed in the bone
2) the abutment: it is attached to the implant. It looks like a tooth that has been prepared for a crown
3) the crown
Typically, surgery is performed to place the implant. The mouth then heals for 3-6 months before the implant is “loaded”, meaning teeth are placed on the implant.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Latest News and Updates
Every individual has unique dental needs and challenges. Recognizing this, our approach is to craft personalized strategies that suit every nuance of your oral health. A Brushing Technique That Knows You Different mouths have different needs. Our analysis takes into...
Cosmetic Dentistry: Improve The Appearance Of Teeth And Boost Confidence A beautiful smile can make all the difference in one's self-esteem and overall confidence. As we live in a world where first impressions matter, having a perfect set of pearly whites can be a...
Are you unhappy with your smile and considering cosmetic dentistry to improve it? If so, you're not alone. Many adults over 20 have chosen to invest in cosmetic dentistry procedures to enhance their appearance, boost their self-esteem, and improve their oral health....
We are here to answer your dental questions, and help solve your dental issues.
If you are in need of dental care, contact our office at the phone number below.
60 E State Rd, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062