Implants are used to replace missing teeth. They can replace teeth one at a time or many teeth at once.
Types of implants:
1) single teeth implant: replaces one tooth
2) implant bridge: 2 implants than a bridge
3) overdenture: at least two implants that a denture snaps onto
4) all-on-four: a denture is attached to four implants
Single tooth implants are composed of 3 parts:
1) the implant itself: it is surgically placed in the bone
2) the abutment: it is attached to the implant. It looks like a tooth that has been prepared for a crown
3) the crown
Typically, surgery is performed to place the implant. The mouth then heals for 3-6 months before the implant is “loaded”, meaning teeth are placed on the implant.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Latest News and Updates
Dental Insurance is a form of health insurance that covers the cost of dental care. It can be used for expenses such as checkups, cleanings, fillings, root canals, surgery, or crowns. - Pros * Covers preventative services like exams and cleanings which helps to...
What are Invisible Aligners, Are they worth it? And what are the alternatives? Not too long ago, removable aligners - also known as clear braces or invisible teeth straightening - were introduced to the market for correcting crooked and misaligned teeth. And if you...
Summer is marching along and before you know it we will all begin hibernating 🙂 Not quite, but as the seasons change so too do our focus on our priorities. So now would be a good time to get some dental work done while the children are out of school, and before the...
We are here to answer your dental questions, and help solve your dental issues.
If you are in need of dental care, contact our office at the phone number below.
60 E State Rd, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062