Extraction is the term used to describe the removal of teeth. Most often, a tooth is whiffled out, not necessarily pulled.
There are different types of extractions:
1) Basic: a tooth is able to just be wiggled out
2) Surgical: gum tissue has to be removed to expose the tooth or the tooth has to be removed in pieces
3) Soft tissue impaction: gum tissue has to be removed to expose the tooth. Almost always this is a wisdom tooth, not a regular tooth
4) Partial bony: This almost always describes a wisdom tooth that is partially covered by bone, such that the bone will be removed from over the tooth so the tooth can then be removed
5) Full bony: A tooth is completely covered by bone, such that the tooth needs to have the tooth fully uncovered so it can be removed
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Latest News and Updates
Cosmetic Dentistry: Improve The Appearance Of Teeth And Boost Confidence A beautiful smile can make all the difference in one's self-esteem and overall confidence. As we live in a world where first impressions matter, having a perfect set of pearly whites can be a...
Are you unhappy with your smile and considering cosmetic dentistry to improve it? If so, you're not alone. Many adults over 20 have chosen to invest in cosmetic dentistry procedures to enhance their appearance, boost their self-esteem, and improve their oral health....
As a patient, it is important to understand the details of your dental insurance when you visit the dentist. It can be difficult to know what questions to ask and how to discuss your coverage with your dentist. This article will provide guidance on how to have an...
We are here to answer your dental questions, and help solve your dental issues.
If you are in need of dental care, contact our office at the phone number below.
60 E State Rd, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062