Extraction is the term used to describe the removal of teeth. Most often, a tooth is whiffled out, not necessarily pulled.
There are different types of extractions:
1) Basic: a tooth is able to just be wiggled out
2) Surgical: gum tissue has to be removed to expose the tooth or the tooth has to be removed in pieces
3) Soft tissue impaction: gum tissue has to be removed to expose the tooth. Almost always this is a wisdom tooth, not a regular tooth
4) Partial bony: This almost always describes a wisdom tooth that is partially covered by bone, such that the bone will be removed from over the tooth so the tooth can then be removed
5) Full bony: A tooth is completely covered by bone, such that the tooth needs to have the tooth fully uncovered so it can be removed
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Latest News and Updates
Dental Insurance is a form of health insurance that covers the cost of dental care. It can be used for expenses such as checkups, cleanings, fillings, root canals, surgery, or crowns. - Pros * Covers preventative services like exams and cleanings which helps to...
What are Invisible Aligners, Are they worth it? And what are the alternatives? Not too long ago, removable aligners - also known as clear braces or invisible teeth straightening - were introduced to the market for correcting crooked and misaligned teeth. And if you...
Summer is marching along and before you know it we will all begin hibernating 🙂 Not quite, but as the seasons change so too do our focus on our priorities. So now would be a good time to get some dental work done while the children are out of school, and before the...
We are here to answer your dental questions, and help solve your dental issues.
If you are in need of dental care, contact our office at the phone number below.
60 E State Rd, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062