As the current year winds down and the new year welcomes us with open arms, we must take pride in our smiles and vow to make this new year the best one yet for our smiles. Having a great smile is not a full-time job, and only requires the minimal amount of attention to keep harmful bacteria and plaque at bay. Do small tasks such as visiting your dentist for exams or brushing daily can have life changing benefits for your oral health.
Rating your oral health begins with admitting your effort. Take the quiz below to find out how you performed last year:
– Did you use dental cleaning tools that were dentist-approved or had the American Dental Association ADA Seal of Acceptance?
– Did you limit between-meal snacks?
– Did you avoid sugary snacks and drinks?
– Did you avoid products that are dangerous to your teeth and gums?
– Did you avoid chewy snacks and hard candies that could damage your teeth or increase the risk of plaque buildup?
– Did you brush your teeth twice daily?
– Did you floss your teeth daily?
– Did you visit your dentist at G Trevor Smith for all your regularly scheduled appointments?
If you answered YES to 0-3 questions, your teeth and gums are not happy. Try harder this year.
If you answered YES to 4-7 questions, you did well, but there is room for improvement in 2017.
If you answered YES to all 8 questions, congratulations! You were an oral health superhero for the year of 2016!
If you would like to schedule a visit with Dr. G. Trevor Smith, please call our office at 801.785.2574. We are conveniently located in Pleasant Grove Utah. We strive to make your oral health care for the new year the best yet!