Although dental anxiety will not damage your oral health, it can make your stay at the dentist office feel uncomfortable and unpleasant. Thus, treatments should be considered to help you alleviate any fears or concerns you may have regarding your visit.
Here are a few tips about what benefits can be received from dental anxiety treatments:
– Although you may feel too nervous to speak up if you still feel pain after an anesthetic, it is important that you do so, as anesthetics work on distinct levels for each person. This way, you can get the accurate dosage that you need.
– Breathing slowly and deeply can benefit you in relieving stress and decreasing your dental anxiety.
– Sometimes holding an item such as a squeeze ball or fidget spinner can help you treat dental anxiety during your procedures.
– Wearing headphones and listening to relaxing music can help you during your dental procedures, as some people experience dental anxiety based on the noises at the office.
– If you are often a victim of dental anxiety, be sure to speak with your dentist and let them know so that they can assist you.
Dental anxiety treatments may be the dentistry service you need. For an oral examination at G Trevor Smith at our dentist office in Pleasant Grove, Utah, please book an appointment with Dr. G. Trevor Smith and our team by calling 801.785.2574. We will get you back to smiling once more